Hi, I'm Samurai and I study Karate and love to watch tv and read books.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Palace (2013 Movie)

Yes. The C-Drama with Chen Xiao and Zi YiLing. That was basically why I watched this movie. Since they did an awesome job in Female Prime Minister,

Okay, anyhow, I find this movie ironic if compared to Female Prime Minister.Lu Zhen insists on one husband, one wife, but in The Palace, as Liu Li, she has a husband and a lover. You're really going against yourself here. Not to mention, she plays a scheming and friend stabbing wife in this film. More opposites...

All these characters in the story are flat and static characters. Mostly one dimensional.

I've not even mentioned the main lady, Chen Xiang. She can stand physical and mental pain. She likes 13th Prince. But, because of her lack of a backbone, Liu Li steals 13th from her. Seriously, is 9th not enough for you? Even if you don't marry him, having him willing to your bed at night is pretty good already. Poor Eunuch dude, I think his name is Bao Bei Er, but I could be wrong, his name never stuck with me. Eunuch dude was beat up under Liu Li's orders as a way to prevent 13th and Chen Xiang to get together.

So, that horse ride scene at the end was pathetic. Really? It's the same thing as the one in Female Prime Minister. Couples riding off into the sunset... In this, I had no feeling for that final scene.Please, directors, make your scenes more original, especially when you got the same actor(s) in your films. It has become a cliché.

13th goes blind in his attempt at killing the emperor. So, he spends the next ten years blind. With Chen Xiang accompanying him. Stupid people.

Oh yeah, and one actor that I was surprised to see was Dick Cheng or is it Dicky Cheung? Anyhow, when I was younger, I was a fan of all of his kung fu movies or anything he starred in. He plays a senior eunuch in the film.

Rate: 4/10

Despite this being a long post, this movie sucks at being a movie. Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment