Hi, I'm Samurai and I study Karate and love to watch tv and read books.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Schemes of a Beauty (part 3)

Sigh. People forever love making trouble. Eliminate Concubine Li, please. Empress Dowager Dou, please start trusting your son.


  • Concubine Li, you do know your schemes will get you and your son a terrible ending, right?
  • Concubine Wang, as long as you don't become evil, I fully support you to be the Empress Dowager. 
  • I'm glad that Empress Dou and Empress Bo came to an understanding before she died.
  • Both Liu Qi and Guantao are idiots. They buy into Concubine Li's nonsense. I mean seriously? Why would Liu Wu get the throne if Crown Prince Liu Qi was guaranteed it?
  • Ugh. The new Crown Prince Liu Rong is so arrogant and selfish.
  • Yay! Empress Zhang, now Zhou Yan, is married to General Zhou. I feel happy that Yan Er had her lifelong wish granted. Also, I'm glad that General Zhou feels better over the death of Xue Yuan.  
  • Princess Guantao is pretty stupid, but in some ways, she is clever.  So, as much as she irritates me, because she helps get rid of Concubine Li, I can live with her.
  • Then again, she was the one who caused her father to have a shock and die. And she was the one who sent assassins to kill her brother. 
  • It's always so sad at the end of every drama when all the good people die. 
  • Empress Dou, please understand almost everything was not your son's fault. It was his concubine's fault.  Or his sister's fault. 
  • I'm glad that Empress Dou and General Zhou have become super good friends. They aren't enemies anymore. It's sad they they are the last two. 
  • Emperor Hui/ Dou Changjun truly gave up everything to ensure that Empress Dou would face less troubles in her life. He deserves to be worshipped as a hero. 
  • It's sad to say that despite the drama may portray all of this as a happy and easy lifetime, in reality, their lives were very hard. 
  • I'm surprised that General Zhou didn't have to commit suicide like his actual ending; but rather, showed him happily drinking tea with Grand Empress Dowager.
I appolgize if I keep changing or not changing the names of the characters as they are in the film, but it drives me nuts. I prefer using one name through the whole review. 

This drama was draggy in the middle, but had a good overall storyline.  It also is the closest to history as possible in all the period dramas that I have watched.

Rate : 6.5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment