Hi, I'm Samurai and I study Karate and love to watch tv and read books.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Remembering Katas

In some ways, recalling things that you've only seen or practiced once can be the most difficult thing ever.

As in my case, I can't remember how to do Itosu Lohai (Rohai) Shodan. Well, at least a specific part of it. YouTube videos are not helpful in jogging my memory because the kata shown is different than what we do in our dojo. So I'm figuratively pulling my hair out trying to remember what the move is. I guess it's normal not to remember since we practiced this kata for half a class two weeks ago for the first time. But I was so confident I could remember. And now, I'm stressing over forgetting the kata.

Are there any good methods for remembering forgotten things?

No comments:

Post a Comment