Hi, I'm Samurai and I study Karate and love to watch tv and read books.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Finished Watching: Palace (2011)

I always have this feeling of sadness after finishing a drama. This is no exception. 

It's quite amazing that in the whole story, there was a point where a character was falling short of my expectations. Each one did something despicable or idiot headed. There has been no exceptions.  So, I can say that Qing Chuan did mature. The biggest surprise in this drama would have to be Consort Liang. She was also a person that had to unfortunately get sent to the past. At the first few meetings, I thought she was the rare nice people. Then, she became a bitch toward Qing Chuan because she wanted her son, the eighth prince, to marry someone of a high rank. Consort Liang changed her mind because she saw that she couldn't change her son's unwavering love towards Qing Chuan. And I guess the thing that drove Liang to throw her full support was when she found out that QC was also from the future. So, we know that she was successfully able to go back to the future. My question though, is how is her life back in her correct era? Since it only tells us of what happened to QC and 8th. So, yeah, this is a spoiler, but, QC and 8th, both get reunited at the end. I'd say that without a doubt, Consort Liang is my favorite character. 

Then, there is the whole 4th Prince gang. Composed of Longkedo, Su Yan, Jin Zhi, Xiao Chun (also known as Nian Gang Yao after accidentally being mistaken for the real dude. That I'll explain in a bit.) The whole group is working to make 4th be Emperor. They succeded, of course, because QC didn't try to change history and make 8th or 14th become a prince. Su Yan's pretty clever. You could say, because of her in the drama , 4th became emperor. Also, you could say it's her fault that Concubine Xi got killed. And she was the one who causes Xiao Chun to be against 8th Prince over the death of his mother. So, Su Ryan exploits that to make him her chess piece. Then, there's poor Jin Zhi. She committed suicide because she was blackmailed to kill herself to save her 4th Prince. Jin Zhi, is quite a selfish person who doesn't want any other woman sharing her prince husband. I don't blame her endless love, but still.... All the annoyances that she caused. Long Ke Duo is the loyal minister to 4th and also the father to his illegitimate daughter, Jin Zhi. 

8th's camp would be the biggest resistance against 4th's crew. Sadly, for them, they were unsuccessful. 8th, 9th, and 10th suffered at the end. I pity those three. 

All in all, this drama was a bit cheezy and doesn't come up to par with Scarlet Heart(aka Bu Bu Jing Xin). All I can say that this drama was way happier than Scarlet Heart. This drama passed, because it at least was decent enough to keep my attention from wavering. 

Rate: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment